some questions and some bugs(?) of release 4.4

Stephan Hässelbarth videns at freenet.de
Thu Feb 22 19:26:49 CET 2007

Hi Antonis,
> Q1.
> Since my laptop has a wide screen I like to have the panel on the left
> so I can save some vertical space.
> Now on the panel I have some launchers with more than one application.
> The icon of the application 1 has a black arrow *under* it that opens
> the drawer with application 2.
> Is it possible to put this arrow to the *right* of the icon instead
> under it? It was possible in the past
> but not anymore. Maybe modifying a file by hand?

You can also long-click the launcher icon to open the application selection list for that
launcher. You don't have to find that little arrow-expander.

> Q2.
> Can I have an application without decoration? For example I use xclock.
> Can I have xclock without the window manager's decorations?

Not with Xfce-on-board-tools, but you should be able to do that with devilspie.

> Q3.
> I really like the iconify feature which has disappeared from all other
> linux managers. Having the panel on the left of the screen it would be
> nice to be possible to iconify the applications at the bottom of the screen
> or to the right of the screen. However, it only iconifies to the left of
> the screen. Is this configurable?

Yes, simply create a new panel and position it where desired. Then add only the iconbox to this
panel.

--Stephan