Squeeze 0.1.0 released!!!

Stephan Arts psybsd at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 15:53:58 CET 2007

On 2/6/07, Anders Lind <sunshinecoast at swipnet.se> wrote:
> An update here, I have tried with both gmake and smake and gmake didn't
> work but smake worked however when I try to run smake install I get the
> following error:
>
> smake: Missing ')' in macro call 'shell if test -r $(srcdir)/LINGUAS;
> then grep -v "^\' smake: Leaving  'smake'[1] from directory
> '/usr/home/swedebear/download/squeeze-0.1.0/po' smake: Default
> commandline target: 'install' smake: Doing
> exit(-1) smake: Operation not permitted. *** Code 1 from command line
> for target 'install-recursive'. smake: Couldn't make 'install'.
>
> And during gmake install I get this error:
>
> gmake[1]: Entering directory
> `/usr/home/swedebear/download/squeeze-0.1.0/po' file=`echo be | sed
> 's,.*/,,'`.gmo \ && rm -f $file &&  -o $file be.po
> -o: not found
> gmake[1]: *** [be.gmo] Error 127
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/home/swedebear/download/squeeze-0.1.0/po' gmake: ***
> [install-recursive] Error 1

I have done some debugging, this results from the GMSGFMT variable not
being set inside the Makefile. Some searching around resulted in ppl
concluding it was aclocal/automake's fault, or even autoconf.
I don't know what causes this exactly.

For now, you can work around this with the following command:

GMSGFMT=/usr/local/bin/msgfmt ./configure && gmake && gmake install

Regards,

Stephan