Keyboard shortcut works with Eterm, but not with Terminal

Tom K tomk at runbox.com
Tue Feb 6 15:19:10 CET 2007

I'm replacing Eterm with Terminal under xfce4 4.4, and everything's good
so far, except for one keyboard shorcut in one application. When I run
irssi in Eterm, I can change the irssi window with
Alt+Right/Left/Up/Down - when I run it in Terminal, those keys no longer
work. I can still change the irssi window with Esc+Right/Left/Up/Down,
but I'd prefer Alt.

I've looked through both my xfwm4 and Terminal settings but I can't see
anything that would cause this - specifically, there is no other
shortcut mapped to those key combinations. I'd be grateful for any
suggestions.

Thanks
Tom K