Galeon and Thunar

Evan Cox evan at zenquility.net.au
Wed Feb 14 22:26:53 CET 2007

Hi Guys,

    Excellent job on Xfce 4.4.  Well done :-)

I am having an issue with Galeon and Firefox (Both latest versions) in
FreeBSD 6.2.  I can browse happily for hours in both browsers, but when
I go to download I crash the browser.  The events unfold like this....

Browse to site.
Click to download
There is a small delay whilst it opens Thunar and lets me select where
to download
Download the file.
Select the next thing to download
As Thunar is loading, Mr Bug man pops up and Galeon crashes.

I can never download more than once per browser session.  When I restore
the session, I can download whatever it was, but the next time it will
crash.
I have tested Galeon and Firefox in Gnome, and it works flawlessly.  I
have no idea what to run in order to debug/trace the issue and am happy
to follow what ever you suggest to overcome this.

Cheers

--
Evan Cox <evan at zenquility.net.au>
Zenquility