thunar/dbus issue + data loss

Philipp Robbel robbel at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 05:27:03 CET 2007

Hi,

I just updated my arch system to dbus 1.0.2. Everything seemed to work
seamlessly for some time until i got that "cannot connect to trash
service" thunar error. If i remember correctly, it happened directly
after issuing a "mv ~/Desktop/file /some/other/dir" in some xterm.
Together with that error message all but the default icons
(trash,home,file sys) disappeared from the desktop. I figured that it
might be a dbus update issue and rebooted the machine. Now, my Desktop
folder is empty and all files that used to be there cannot be found
any place else on the hd... darn.

Have other people come across this as well?

Thanks,
Philipp