xfce-mcs-manager-CRITICAL...

gv gvlistes at bluewin.ch
Thu Feb 8 14:27:49 CET 2007

    Hello,

    Running the new 4.4 version without problem until I tried what was
suggested in a thread (Matching windows to desktops), i.e.,

$ killall xfwm4 && afterstep & disown

which didn't make the job since xfwm still was the WM at logon (even
with a session saved, needless to say).

     Since now, I had so much troubles that I uninstalled the whole
xfce/xfwm things an installed everything again. If I log in under root,
no problem at all, but as user I'm unable to work with settings and a
part of the desktop seems dead (no icons, orage doesn't open the
calendar, etc.). I deleted *everything* in my user account (incl. the
/cache/session) but I can't start xfce-setting-show:

----
[gv at localhost ~]$ xfce-setting-show
[gv at localhost ~]$
(xfce-mcs-manager:19742): xfce-mcs-manager-CRITICAL **: No plugins available

(xfce-mcs-manager:19742): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_box_pack_start: assertion
`GTK_IS_WIDGET (child)' failed
----

      Again, under a root log in, no problem. But if I call
xfce-setting-show as root in a console, in a user session, I kill X.

      Any help would be great, thank you.

      gv