v4.2.3.2 panel issues

John Thompson john at vector.os2.dhs.org
Tue Feb 6 20:34:41 CET 2007

I'm having a couple issues with the panel on my laptop (running
Vectorlinux-4.2; XFCE-4.2.3.2, 450mHz Celeron, 192MB RAM)). First, I get
random seg faults and have to restart the panel. Everything else seems
fine. If I start the panel from an xterm, there are no real clues left.
I tried recompiling the panel if perhaps some obscure library change was
reponsible, but no improvement. Updating to XFCE-4.4 would require major
changes (gtk, glib, etc.) and I'd prefer not to do so at this point.

Second, when I compile and install the battery panel applet (v0.3.0),
panel cpu useage immediately goes to 90+% and stays there until I disable
the applet. Any ideas on what to look for?

--

John (john at os2.dhs.org)