Matching windows to desktops

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 05:12:33 CET 2007

On 2/5/07, TerryJ <listmail at exemail.com.au> wrote:
> Erik Harrison wrote:
> > On 2/5/07, Lehman Black <dosnlinux at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> maybe wmctrl (http://www.sweb.cz/tripie/utils/wmctrl/)
> >>

> > wmctrl powers the tool that Terry already found insufficient in terms
> > of UI. So that probably won't help

> >> "killall"

> >> change?

> Ok.  wmctrl does not seem to have any relevant parameters and I don't
> know that it helps my nerves to contemplate using it.
>
> I'd like to ask one more question.  *If Xfce is nuked by this procedure,
> how do I restore it?*  I'll back up .config at least - is it a simple
> matter of replacing the new .config with the old?
>
> afterstep seems to exist as two executables -/usr/X11R6/bin/afterstep
> /usr/bin/X11/afterstep .  That's just one example of the type of
> complication that can make my attempts at doing this sort of thing blow
> up and right now I'm very sick of reinstalling.

Whichever is first in your path, or ask on an afterstep list.

Here you go. Run the command. If you like your desktop with Afterstep,
then no worries, save your session. If you don't then don't save your
session, just log out and back in and things will be back to normal.

On the offchance that it works you log out and in, and it DOESN'T
work, just nuke ~/.cache/sessions/ and log back in and all shall be
well

> --
>
> Regards, TerryJ
>
> Using Xfce on PCLinuxOS. www.revivalcentres.org

Erik

<@kazin> why does php have 'echo' and 'print'?  Do they do different things?
<Bluefoxicy> kazin:  echo prints in a big empty room