Shutdown/Reboot doesn't work

Kamran Riaz Khan krkhan at inspirated.com
Thu Dec 13 13:30:38 CET 2007

I'm using the SVN version of Xfce and it's started using the
xfce4-session from my .xinitrc file. Everything works perfect, except
for the Shutdown/Reboot buttons in the logout menu which just terminate
my X session a la the logout button itself.

Here's the line referring to xfsm-shutdown-helper in my /etc/sudoers file:

> [root at orthanc ~]# cat /etc/sudoers | grep xfsm-shutdown-helper
> %krkhan orthanc=(root) NOPASSWD:/usr/libexec/xfsm-shutdown-helper

Also, according to xfce4-session's README file, I shouldn't have to mess
around with the /etc/sudoers file if HAL and D-Bus are correctly setup
on my machine. Both services are running fine:

> [root at orthanc ~]# ps -A | grep hal
>  2230 ?        00:00:02 hald
>  2231 ?        00:00:00 hald-runner
>  2251 ?        00:00:00 hald-addon-inpu
>  2277 ?        00:00:00 hald-addon-cpuf
>  2279 ?        00:00:00 hald-addon-acpi
>  2293 ?        00:00:00 hald-addon-stor
> [root at orthanc ~]# ps -A | grep dbus
>  1402 ?        00:00:00 dbus-launch
>  1403 ?        00:00:00 dbus-daemon
>  2000 ?        00:00:01 dbus-daemon

What am I doing wrong here? Is there anything else that I need to do
with my HAL/D-Bus/sudoers which I might be missing?

--
Regards,
Kamran.