Running a command on selected files

Przemyslaw Gawronski pgg at tanren.pl
Sun Dec 2 12:07:46 CET 2007

Hi, I'm new to xfce and this is my first post here, so hello to
everyone.

I'm missing one feature in xfce's file manager which I found very useful
in ROX-Filer which I used for the last few years, that is running a
shell command on selected files. I would very often run a simple command
like:

for f in $@ ; do convert -resize 25% $f small-$f ; done

or some other, but the files were selected in the file manager hitting
'!' key would prompt for a command to execute on the selected file/es.

Is there something similar in xfce's file manager?

Thanks for help

Przemek
--
AIKIDO TANREN DOJO  -   Poland - Warsaw - Mokotow - Ursynow - Natolin
info:  http://tanren.pl/   phone:+48501516666   mailto:dojo at tanren.pl