xfce4-volstatus-icon

Joost Kremers joostkremers at fastmail.fm
Tue Aug 28 00:20:13 CEST 2007

On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 04:56:34PM -0500, Robby Workman wrote:

hi robby,

> Slackware doesn't include libnotify, so you would have to install it
> and then recompile the xfce package.  We have a build script for it
> (libnotify) at http://slackbuilds.org if you want it.

ok, thanks for the info. is it really necessary to compile the entire xfce
package, or would it suffice to do just libexo?

> On the subject of libnotify, you're one of several people to express
> an interest in it - I'm beginning to wonder if it would be a good
> candidate to recommend for Pat to include in the next release.
> Do you (Brian, you too, and anyone else on the list) have any thoughts
> on it?  Are there any disadvantages - in other words, does everything
> under the sun link to it and cause extraneous dependency issues?

as i wrote in my original email to brian (see the quote in the email i
cc-ed to this list) i'd like a notification if i try to unmount a device
through xfce4-volstatus-icon. if libnotify is the best way to get this,
then i'm all for it. ;-)

--
Joost Kremers, PhD
University of Cologne