various config questions

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Wed Aug 15 20:14:01 CEST 2007

Joost Kremers wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 03:08:10PM +0200, Tino Keitel wrote:
>> The preferences file is ~/.config/Thunar/volmanrc. Maybe there is
>> something wrong with that (permissions?).
>
> permissions are as expected. owned by me (user joost), group is 'users',
> permissions are rw-r--r--.
>
> it seems, though, that nothing is written to this file when i uncheck the
> relevant checkboxes...

You don't have $XDG_CONFIG_HOME set to something weird, do you?  The
config file is (more precisely) located at $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/Thunar/volmanrc.

You can also try strace-ing the config dialog to see what's going on.
Close the dialog, and then run (from a terminal):

strace thunar-volman --configure

Look around for open() calls that point to filenames to see if it's
trying to open the config file, and if it's succeeding or failing.

	-brian