various config questions

Joost Kremers joostkremers at fastmail.fm
Wed Aug 15 17:52:39 CEST 2007

On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 03:08:10PM +0200, Tino Keitel wrote:
[thunar volume manager automount]
> Hum, maybe exo-mount is responsible for this.

may well be, as exo-mount *is* on my system. ;-) however, no man page,
little help info, not much on google...

except for thunar-dev, of course, on which i found a message (dated april
3, 2007, so pretty recent) that it is in principle not possible to pass
mount options through exo-mount... so i guess that means i'm stuck. :-(

(i want to pass the option 'fmask=133' to mount, so that vfat volumes are
mounted without every file having the executable bit set. this is very
annoying if you copy files from a vfat volume to the hard disk, something i
do on a regular basis, as this executable bit is retained.)

[volman options not changed]
> No, it's not limited to root. What version of thunar-volman do you have
> installed?

version 0.1.2, compiled from source through a slackbuild script from
<http://rlworkman.net/pkgs/sources/12.0/xfce4-goodies/>.

> The preferences file is ~/.config/Thunar/volmanrc. Maybe there is
> something wrong with that (permissions?).

permissions are as expected. owned by me (user joost), group is 'users',
permissions are rw-r--r--.

it seems, though, that nothing is written to this file when i uncheck the
relevant checkboxes...

--
Joost Kremers, PhD
University of Cologne