various config questions

Joost Kremers joostkremers at fastmail.fm
Wed Aug 15 14:52:17 CEST 2007

On Tue, Aug 14, 2007 at 06:45:44PM +0200, Tino Keitel wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 14, 2007 at 18:21:30 +0200, Joost Kremers wrote:
> > * since slackware/slackintosh12 comes with hal and dbus, i have installed
> >   the volume manager plugin for thunar. automounting works very nicely, but
> >   i would like to pass additional mount options to (especially)
> >   vfat-filesystems. is there a way to do this?
>
> In my setup, the automount is done by pmount, so maybe you could tweak
> the pmount configuration.

mmm... pmount does not appear to be on my system, so it seems automounting
is handled differently. i'll look into it, and try to find out how it is
done.

> > * also with thunar's volume manager, when i plug in a usb stick or cd, i'd
> >   like it to be automounted, but i don't want thunar to open, nor do i want
> >   to autorun programs or auto-open files on it. however, unsetting those
> >   options in the volume manager's configuration has no effect. i can
> >   uncheck the options and close the window, but when i open the
> >   configuration window again, the options are checked again.
>
> Did you also close the "file manager preferences" window?

not originally, but i tried now. it has no effect. i reopen the file
manager preferences window and then the volume manager configuration
window, and all the checkboxes are checked again. is this perhaps a setting
only root can change?

TIA

--
Joost Kremers, PhD