XFCE + CDROMs

Stefan Schwarzburg stefan.schwarzburg at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 27 13:00:05 CEST 2007

Hi,
could you tell us more about your first question? Because I really can't
understand your problem (what has this to do with CDs; give a not-so-fake
example; ...)
To the second question: As far as I know, there is no xfce specific CD
reading software. I would guess that Gnome / Xfce / KDE / IceWM / ... all
have nothing to do with actually reading CDs. Maybe others might correct me
here. And I don't know, what grub has to do with this.
So, please tell us more about your problems  if you want useful answers.
Cheers,
Stefan

2007/4/27, somethin2cool at yahoo.com <somethin2cool at yahoo.com>:

> Since installing XFCE exclusively, my computer struggles to read CDs. I
> can mount them ok, but:
>
> 1) when I open any folder (with Thunar) it will take me to the directory
> that the folder itself was in. So the url would read for example:
>
> /home/me/floberfolder/floberfolder/floberfolder/floberfolder....
>
> no matter which folder I open, i just end up back at floberfolder (which
> is a made-up folder name).
>
> 2) the cd drive sounds really unhealthy. REALLY unhealthy. With the same
> disc, the drive works well in Gnome under a seperate instalation. The
> same goes for the bootloader (grub) and windows. What is xfce missing
> that these other environment have that can fix this?
>
> Thanks

Institut für Astronomie und Astrophysik
Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen
Sand 1   -  D-72076 Tübingen