Mime type mapping

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 22:14:35 CEST 2007

On 4/13/07, Andrew Robinson <andrew.rw.robinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry if this is more of a KDE question.
>
> Konqueror was opening .war files as "tar:/.../index.xhtml". I managed
> to change the "/usr/share/mimelnk/application/x-webarchive.desktop" so
> that it opens with "zip:" instead, but krusader still doesn't know how
> to handle the file internally. Somehow it isn't mapping "*.war"
> correctly to "application/x-webarchive" correctly.
>
> Any idea on where krusader is getting that information from (one of
> KDE,xfce,Debian, etc.)?
>
> I'm trying to get *.war files to open in-place inside krusader since
> they are just zip files with a different extension (I already added
> "application/x-webarchive" to the "karc" protocol in the krusader
> configuration, but it doesn't seem to have an effect)

This is definitely not handled by Xfce. Not sure how KDE manages MIME
to application mapping, and whether Debian has a finger or not, but
I'd try a KDE specific forum.

> Thanks,

Good luck

> Andrew

Erik

<@kazin> why does php have 'echo' and 'print'?  Do they do different things?
<Bluefoxicy> kazin:  echo prints in a big empty room