how make left mouse button to bring up desktop menu?

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Thu Apr 5 17:34:50 CEST 2007

Kok, Auke writes:

 > that won't work as obviously the left mouse button is reserved for
 > interaction with desktop icons. You would have to hack the code and
 > lose the possibility of using your desktop icons.

the first thing i did was i disabled desktop icons (none), i.e., for me
left mouse button is free on desktop.  in my opinion any window manager
should allow choosing, which mouse button is used for which purpose
rather than fixing it.  there can, of course, be defaults, but those
should be changeable.

-- juha