4.2.3.2 mcs-manager and xffm no go

Andrew aremo at ngi.it
Sat Sep 30 03:58:57 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I've compiled Xfce 4.2.3.2 on my sytem (Apple iBook G3) running Yellow
Dog Linux 4.1 (a specialized distro for PPC Macs).

Everything compiled and installed without errors, but I cannot run
xfce-mcs-manager and xffm.

Trying to run xfce-mcs-manager yelds the following error:

** (xfce-mcs-manager:27548): WARNING **: Module
/usr/local/lib/xfce4/mcs-plugins/libxffmsettings.so cannot be opened
(/lib/tls/libpthread.so.0: symbol errno, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not
defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference)
Segmentation fault

Trying to run xffm gives this:

xffm: relocation error: /lib/tls/libpthread.so.0: symbol errno, version
GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

Does anybody know what the problem is and what I should do?

Thanks in advance...

Andrew