[Fwd: Re: Lost ability to activate xfce settings window in 4.4b2]

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Fri Sep 29 18:57:19 CEST 2006

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Lost ability to activate xfce settings window in 4.4b2
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 08:26:42 -0400
From: Peter N. Spotts <pspotts at alum.mit.edu>
To: Brian J. Tarricone <bjt23 at cornell.edu>

Brian,

Thanks for your response. I'm replying off list only because I haven't
quite figured out the appropriate way to do this list thing when I get
digests...

Anyway, I tried to activate xfce-setting-show from a terminal. As user
(me), nothing happened, not even any echo back indicating a problem. I
could, however, bring up the settings window when I logged in as su.
Interestingly, I can run the menu editor from a terminal as user. And
the settings executable is in the same directory (/usr/local/bin).

Curious!

Pete

--
Peter N. Spotts | Science reporter