Thunar: trash:/// != ~/.Trash?

Mathias Brodala info at noctus.net
Thu Sep 28 00:04:55 CEST 2006

Hello Brian.

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> On 9/27/2006 2:17 PM, Mathias Brodala wrote:
>>> 2) Bigger thumbnails for images. Thunar keeps images at the maximum dimensions
>>>    of the current icon size. Nautilus shows them a lot larger so that you can
>>>    actually see something.
>
> I guess you're asking more for an additional 'thumbnail view'.

Yes, something like that would be fine.

>>> 5) A less clunky interface. Nothing against the GNOME HIG, but a border size of
>>>    6px is way too fat for me.
>
> If it's just the 6px border that's bugging you, this seems like a silly
> reason not to use thunar.

It may be silly, but it’s something to distract me a little bit from Thunar. I
like my minimalistic and beautyful desktop but no clunky things. (Heck, that’s a
reason why I wait for Filezilla to finally become usable, because gftp is way to
fat.)

> If there are other things that are actually
> valid unintuitive, "clunky" UI, please do tell.

I think, customizable toolbars could be nice, but Thunar doesn’t have that many
objects to be removed or replaced.

Other than that Thunar really has its merits like the speed and the mouse gestures.

> P.S.  Thunar has its own dedicated development mailing list.

Yeah, I know. But I only wanted to answer the question Mike asked.

Regards, Mathias

--
debian/rules