Thunar: trash:/// != ~/.Trash?

Mathias Brodala info at noctus.net
Wed Sep 27 23:17:23 CEST 2006

Hello Mike.

Mike Massonnet schrieb:
> Wed, 27 Sep 2006 18:14:39 +0200 - Mathias Brodala <info at noctus.net>
> wrote :
>> Heh, I already expected something like this. I guess I have to try if
>> symlinking ~/.Trash to ~/.local/share/Trash/files works.
>>

>   Read the spec again.  It won't work because the trash spec expect a
> folder to store the files and information about the trashed files.

I know. But Nautilus doesn’t need those information. It just plain moves the
files to ~/.Trash and forgets about them. Heck, it even cannot restore them.

>> If Thunar would offer the features I’m missing from Nautilus and
>> remain fast as it is, then I would make it my default file browser.
>>

>   What features?

1) Customizable icons for directories. I always set the cover of music albums
   for their directory, for example.

2) Bigger thumbnails for images. Thunar keeps images at the maximum dimensions
   of the current icon size. Nautilus shows them a lot larger so that you can
   actually see something.

3) Automatic generation of thumbnails for videos. Thunar only shows thumbnails
   which were generated while visiting the directory they are in with Nautilus.

4) Actually allow .torrent files to be dropped over Azureus so that it will get
   added to the list. At the moment the dialog to add files only pops out for a
   short moment and disappears again. The file won’t get added.

5) A less clunky interface. Nothing against the GNOME HIG, but a border size of
   6px is way too fat for me.

These are the things that keep me with Nautilus for now.

Regards, Mathias

--
debian/rules