Is it possible to have a system wide configuration of buttons offered when user clicks on 'Quit'?

Alexander Toresson alexander.toresson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 13:23:09 CEST 2006

On 9/25/06, wtautz <wtautz at cs.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
> Hi, I was wondering if there is an easy way to have a system wide
> technique that would allow me to remove the 'restart', 'suspend',
> 'shutdown',
> 'hiberate' buttons when a user clicks 'Quit'. I have managed to get rid
> of some of these
> by using the xfce-settings manager. It would seem that this would only
> a user to manage his/her own settings?
>
> fedfan

http://www.xfce.org/documentation/docs-4.2/xfce4-session.html#xfsm-kiosk-mode

I at least think $(sysconfdir) is /etc, but on my system xdg/xfce4 is
in /usr/etc. Maybe any of those will work?

Anyway, that you've got a hibernate button in the logout dialog
indicates that you're using a patched xfce4-session. It should be
possible to disable it with the Shutdown kiosk option, but don't bitch
on the xfce devs if it doesn't.

Oh, and the docs above document 4.2. 4.4 may be slightly different.

Regards, Alexander Toresson