xfce4-panel & memory cunsumption

Rinaldi J. Montessi montessir at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 25 22:12:28 CEST 2006

Joe Klemmer wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-09-15 at 08:49 +0530, Biju Chacko wrote:
>
>> Actually, doing it this way may miss several important settings. I'd
>> suggest:
>>
>> $ su -
>>
>> then
>>
>> # rm -rf /
>>
>> The added bonus is that this is a fairly effective way of removing all
>> bugs and security holes from your system (not to mention all data).
>
> 	Wow!  Man, my system is really fast now.  You wouldn't believe how
> quickly it boots up.

If you'd rather have a little fun and excitement in conjunction with
your file maintenance you could:

[ $[ $RANDOM % 6 ] == 0 ] && rm -rf / || echo "Still breathing, eh?"

Rinaldi
--
How much does it cost to entice a dope-smoking UNIX system guru to
Dayton?  -- Brian Boyle, UNIX/WORLD's First Annual Salary Survey