Finding apps problem.

Stefan Stuhr xfceuserslist at sstuhr.dk
Wed Sep 20 00:04:23 CEST 2006

man, 18 09 2006 kl. 21:54 -0700, skrev ezzetabi:
> Mike Massonnet wrote:
> >   You can setup keyboard shortcuts in the Settings > Keyboard >
> > Shortcuts.  Unfortunately there is no keyboard shortcut for the
> > clipboard manager, but Unix has always had the best clipboard manager
> > with the mouse, select -> middle click.  Do you already know gcolor2?
> >
> Actually it is Settings -> Window Manager -> Keyboard... I knew that.
> But I need to know the exact filename to start... And the clipboard
> manager does not seem to have one. This was the problem... :|
>
> I knew the middle click wonders, but I'd like using the keyboard to call
> the clipboard manager just because... I'd like do not leave the keyboard
> everytime I need to select an old entry in the clip list.
>
> About the color picker, I installed gcolor2, and thanks it works well.
> Yet... It sounds strange doing so since xfce does already have one: to
> see try, Settings -> Desktop -> First Color... It is not possible call
> it? After all I just need the 'color name' feature.

The color picker is the GTK+ standard color picker; it's not a separate
application.

The following one line Python/PyGTK "program" works very well as a
simple color picker dialog here (I added it directly as the command to a
shortcut in the shortcut editor):

python -c 'import gtk;d=gtk.ColorSelectionDialog("Color Dialog");d.cancel_button.hide();getattr(d, "set_icon_name",lambda x:x)("gtk-select-color");d.ok_button.set_label("gtk-close");d.connect("response",lambda x,y:gtk.main_quit());d.show();gtk.main()'

> ezzetabi

Stefan