Desktop Icons

Keith Powell keith at keithg4jvx.force9.co.uk
Sat Sep 16 16:00:27 CEST 2006

On Thursday 14 September 2006 2:34 pm, Keith Powell wrote:
> Sorry if this is a very basic question, but I have only just
> started using xfce4. First impressions are that it is outstanding,
> and I would like to use it instead of KDE! However......
>
> The desktop icons are all just 'folders' and I would like to change
> them to the usual home, wastebin, etc, icons. Also, I would
> probably like to add a couple of new ones. But I can't find how to
> do it. I really have looked in the list and forum archives. Also, I
> have made a hard copy of all the manuals, but can't find the answer
> in there.

Success!

The problems I had, were with a Mandriva installation of Xfce4.4-rc1,
using the Mandriva "eslrahc" packges.

I downloaded and re-installed Xfce, again using Charles' packages, and
all is now well. I have had no problems with it. So, I assume that
there was a fault with my previous download and installation.

Thanks for all your help.

Cheers

Keith