Desktop Icons

Mathias Brodala info at noctus.net
Thu Sep 14 18:24:57 CEST 2006

Hello Keith.

> At the moment, on the desktop there are a set of icons which look like
> folders. I would like to change them. For instance, I want the 'home'
> icon to be the standard 'house'. The 'wastebin' to be the standard icon
> which looks like a wastebin, and so on.

Ah, yes. For creating starters you have to place *.desktop files in your
~/Desktop directory. You can modify them as you like, even in your text editor
if necessary.

> Usually, if I right click on the desktop icon and go to properties, the
> icon can be changed. But not with xfce.

For normal folders this seems not possible, indeed. Only for starters.

> Also, I can't find a way of adding any more desktop shortcuts - for
> example, a mail program and a web browser.

Rightclick on one of the existing icons and look at the „Create new“ entry.

HTH.

Regards, Mathias

--
debian/rules