ANN: Notification-daemon-xfce 0.3.5 released

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Sun Sep 10 01:29:21 CEST 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-08 at 22:17 +0200, Nick Schermer wrote:

> >         Is there a way to resize the note?  There don't seem to be any window
> > decorations on the note.
>
> A notification with window decorations?? You must be kidd'n right?
> Anyway the notification has a 'default' size and will resize if the
> content doesn't fit.

	Kidding?  No.  Confused as all get out?  Definitely.  It's not the
notification plugin I meant to comment on but the notes plugin.

	However, regarding the notification plugin, I have a few questions.
First off, your notification thingy doesn't play well with the gnome
one.  This is understandable.  But when I tried to remove the gnome rpm
it started wanting to remove all kinds of crap, including Evolution
(which is what I use).  So I figured I'd give the gnome one a shot but
it keeps erroring off with a stupid "assertion failed" message.

$ notify-send 'test 1'

** ERROR **: file notifynotification.c: line 331 (notify_notification_new): assertion failed: (message != NULL)
aborting...
Aborted

	Any idea what might be happening or, better yet, any way to replace the
gnome one with yours?