Setting folder handler in Opera

Mathias Brodala info at noctus.net
Sat Sep 9 12:32:27 CEST 2006

Hello Benedikt.

>>> exo-open does not support Nautilus, because Nautilus does not implement
>>> the org.xfce.FileManager interface (actually exo-open has a fallback to
>>> gnome-open if all else fails, tho).
>> „If all else fails“ means that I had to remove Thunar?
>
> In case of local files/folders, yes.

Ugh! I won’t remove Thunar.

>> (Is there a real documentation for exo-open? I already asked this once, without
>> success.)
>
> There's exo-preferred-applications.html, which documents exo-open. But
> not the internals (as the internals are subject to change, and not
> really usable to most users).

Yeah, as it seems. It’s only a brief overview.

> The best source of information about the
> internals is still the code in exo-url.c (it contains a lot of comments
> and should in general be easy enough to read).

Hm, where would I find this file? It doesn’t seem[0] to exist in any of my
packages …

> Hm, the interesting question remains: What does Opera use to open local
> files/folders?

An interesting question, indeed. I even tried to set GVIM as folder handler and
restarted Opera, but still Thunar gets opened.

I guess I have to try to find someone from the Opera staff to answer my question …

Regards, Mathias

--
debian/rules