ANN: Notification-daemon-xfce 0.3.5 released

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 22:42:24 CEST 2006

2006/9/8, Mathias Brodala <info at noctus.net>:
> Hello Nick.
>
> > Once again a new release. This time a brand-new Xfce Goodie:
> > notifications-daemon-xfce.
>
> Could you implement an option to hide the [x] button in the upper right corner?
> I'm using the normal notification-daemon right now and everytime a new release
> gets into my repositories, I have to download the sources and modify the default
> theme to remove the [x].

I don't think a "option" is easy (because I needs custom stuff in the
daemon and the theme library), but a build option
(--disable-close-button) shouldn't be very hard. I'll look into both.

> For me it's unecessary because notifications get closed anyway if you click on
> them anywhere.
>
> Oh, and how did you manage to use two different font-sizes in this[0] notification?

notify-send -i network-wired -u normal -t 5000 \
    "Successfully Connected" \
    "You have been successfully connected
to wireless network

Your IP address is