Terminal request

Ken Gunderson kgunders at teamcool.net
Wed Sep 6 00:21:21 CEST 2006

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 00:05:34 +0200
Bernhard Walle <bernhard.walle at gmx.de> wrote:

> * Ken Gunderson <kgunders at teamcool.net> [2006-09-06 00:02]:
> > On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 17:09:40 -0400
> > Joe Klemmer <klemmerj at webtrek.com> wrote:

> > > 	Oh, I know.  GNOME-terminal and others do this.  But I much prefer the
> > > way Terminal works so if the functionality could be integrated for 4.6
> > > or something that would be nice.
> >
> > fwiw- mrxvt is much, much, much lighter than gnome-terminal.  But if
> > you like Xfce's Terminal then that's that.
>
> mrxvt doesn't support utf-8. So it's unusable on modern Linux systems.

I believe they have been working towards utf-8 support in the 0.5.x
branch.  Not sure about the status. In the meantime there is trivial
workaround.

I'm not advocating that mrxvt should be bundled w/Xfce or that it's
THE term for everyone. Only that it a nice, light, tabbed term that
allows you specify different config files at launch.  So the OP could
just configure some keyboard shortcuts to launch different term
profiles if he so desired.

--

Best regards,

Ken Gunderson