xfce4 crashes in Zenwalk

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 05:01:30 CEST 2006

On 8/31/06, Bobby Goins <goins at iglou.com> wrote:
> I am having a lot of trouble with xfce crashing on my Zenwalk machine.
>*snip*

I don't see any evidence of Xfce crashing here at all. I see a lot of
Xfce applications dying when they lost connection to the X server, and
saying so.

What version of Xfce are you using? It looks like you're running a
beta of 4.4, which would be foolish of Zenwalk anyway to make the
official version.

That out of the way, this really doesn't look to be an Xfce issue.
Note that both xfce4-session and xfce4-panel don't give any error
other than reporting that they've lost their connection to X. Since
both of these apps are the ones that are most likely to kill your X
session if they crash, then this would be where errors would crop up.
But instead they only report the same errors that Firefox ('Gecko')
and chestnut-dialer experience.

Not sure what to tell you, but 99.99% sure you have an X issue.

Erik

<@kazin> why does php have 'echo' and 'print'?  Do they do different things?
<Bluefoxicy> kazin:  echo prints in a big empty room