Focus stealing prevention doesn't do anything?

Andrew Robinson andrew.rw.robinson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 23:54:30 CEST 2006

I have upgraded my XFCE to 4.3.99.1 (debian etch/testing package)

GAIM and other programs still receive focus even though I turned on
the focus stealing prevention

My settings:

Xfce Settings Manager>Window Manager>Focus:
Click to focus
Set: Automatically give focus to newly created windows
Unset: Automatically rais windows when they receive focus
Set: Raise window when clicking inside application window

Xfce Settings Manager>Window Manager Tweaks>Focus:
Set: Activate focus stealing prevention
Set: Honor the standard ICCCM focus hint

Why is gaim still raising windows when a chat message in an already
open window/tab comes in?

-Andrew