Small patch against separator panel-plugin

Landry Breuil landry.breuil at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 11:32:44 CEST 2006

Hello list !

Here is a small patch against current svn.
- It replaces the small line drawed in the separator by a gtk handle (code
for the handle was taken from libxfce4panel/xfce-panel-window.c)
- I admit it's ONLY a look'n'feel enhancement, but i personally prefer the
look of the handle over a simple separator line. (i'm still missing the
little dots on the sides of the panel in 4.2 :)) I attached a screenshot of
my panel, with 4 separators.
- I admit too that it overrides the semantic of a handle (ability to move
the panel)...

Jasper, what do you think about it ? Is it a good idea, and if so i'll
enhance the patch to make it configurable through the panel dialog (maybe a
radiobutton line/handle) ? Or is it nonsense ? :) I know it won't be
in 4.4because of the stringfreeze, but i only want to discuss this
thing. Should i
file a feature request ?

Thanks,
Landry

Ps: maybe this discussion is more appropriated on xfce4-dev ?