several defects and enhacement-wishes

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Sat Oct 7 17:42:30 CEST 2006

On Sat, 2006-10-07 at 17:02 +0200, Stefan Stuhr wrote:

> Harold Aling wrote in another e-mail:
> "I just updated to the latest svn version"
>
> I also wrote:
> "I updated all of Xfce to latest SVN yesterday."
>
> I don't know about Harold, but I use the SVN version from svn.xfce.org.
> Not some Xubuntu version of Xfce, but the upstream development SVN
> version. That's why I use Ubuntu, and not Xubuntu; I want to install
> Xfce SVN myself and keep it updated.

	The issue for this (the "button label | whatever") problem isn't in
Xfce, be it prepackaged, RC1 or SVN.  As Olivier stated earlier, it
looks like it might be related to the gettext package.  Since both
Xubuntu and Ubuntu have exhibited this issue it seems that it might be
distro related and not Xfce related.

	Mind you, I am not disparaging *buntu at all.  Just stating that there
seem to be a common thread with this kind of issue.