several defects and enhacement-wishes

Stefan Stuhr xfceuserslist at sstuhr.dk
Sat Oct 7 13:29:34 CEST 2006

søn, 08 10 2006 kl. 00:15 +0200, skrev Harold Aling:
> Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> > > ?- settings manager: sometimes the items have label like
> > >    'button label | whatever' instead of just whatever. This effect has
> > >    disappeared for some time now, so it might have been fixed.
> > >

> > Never seen that.
> >

> I've seen it! In fact I'm looking at them right now... I just updated
> to the latest svn version, so it's still present?
>
> See the attached screenshot...

I will admit that I have experienced this bug as well for some time
(without opening any bug report, so I am not complaining, only
mentioning it).
I updated all of Xfce to latest SVN yesterday.

I am running Ubuntu 6.06.1 LTS.
$LANG=da_DK.UTF-8
There's no Danish translation in Xfce SVN.

The problem disappears if I run xfce-mcs-manager with an empty $LANG
(LANG= xfce-mcs-manager).

So it appears that the problem arises when one uses Xfce with an
unsupported language, and Xfce falls back to default (English).

Maybe it's time for me to open a bug report (if such one doesn't exists
already).

> -H-

Stefan