I cannot get the shutdown and reboot options

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Thu Nov 30 18:11:54 CET 2006

On Fri, 2006-11-24 at 17:13 +1100, Terry wrote:

> The air here is fairly blue at present.  I just used visudo to edit a
> copy of the original file.  How could anyone enjoy using that infernal
> excuse for an editor?

	It's like learning how to drive a stick.  It's a real pain and can be
very challenging but once you know it you can't imaging walking
everywhere instead of driving ever again.  But if the vi commands are
still not your thing just run the gui version of it.  Point-n-click you
way all over the place.

> Wouldn't it be simpler just to change the permissions of the
> executable?  I think some programmers get off on making things
> unnecessarily complicated.

	If you get some spare time you might want to read up on system
security.  Then you'll have a better idea of why something are the way
they are.  It's not unnecessary complications programmers are after,
it's not putting out something as dangerous and lethal as WinXX.