System menu missing

Michel Leunen ml at leunen.com
Sun Nov 26 10:56:09 CET 2006

Terry wrote:
>> Someone else asked about this recently and was able to alter a property:
>>
>> [quote]
>>
>> The visible property of the System menu was set to "no" in
>> ~/.config/xfce4/desktop/menu.xml
>>
>> [unquote]
>>
>> That property does not even exist in the corresponding file in my
>> system. How do I express it?

Yes, in my ~/.config/xfce4/desktop/menu.xml, I have this line:

<include type="system" style="simple" unique="true" legacy="true"
visible="yes"/>

The visible property was set to 'no', changing it to yes solved my problem.

> I eventually located the greater part of the system menu

Care about sharing this info. It appears I wasn't able to find it. I
don't even know the name of the file containing the system menu. I
didn't search very hard, though since changing the property worked for me.

Michel
--
Michel Leunen
http://www.leunen.com/