I cannot get the shutdown and reboot options

Terry teaman at exemail.com.au
Fri Nov 24 10:32:35 CET 2006

JoeHill wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 18:35:41 +1100
> Terry got an infinite number of monkeys to type out:
>

>> Sorry.  I didn't mean to upset you, dearie.  8-)
>>

> Weeeellll, think of it this way. It's kinda like someone saying 'oh, that
> Linux, it's so counterintuitive... '
>
> I'm no big fan of vi either...er...wait! I meant 'I don't use vi much'! Oh
> crap, here comes the vinquisition... ;-)
>
> Anyway, it's not just an 'editor', which is why you're getting frustrated,
> perhaps. I've always thought using vi to edit simple config files was like
> using a hammer to kill an ant, but it always seems to default to that, except
> on my XUbuntu boxes, which default to nano :-)

I never have a problem (except in the present case) using an editor with
a GUI.  No mind-reading or years of study required.  Who needs to waste
all that time?

I just had to let off steam after using the *blessed* thing.

You seem to have your fair share of monkeys. ;-)

--

If you're seeking, check out http://www.rci.org.au