I cannot get the shutdown and reboot options

Terry teaman at exemail.com.au
Fri Nov 24 04:08:05 CET 2006

Terry wrote:
> I've tried amending the "sudoers" file as directed, created a "sudo"
> group and added myself to it, all to no avail.  I also amended that file
> by giving myself the right to shutdown and reboot.
>
> Nothing has worked.  It's a bit ridiculous because I am the only user.
>
> I cannot find the secret formula.  What do I do?

I found a post in the forum:
http://forum.xfce.org/index.php?topic=2890.msg12189#msg12189

The wording is different from that proposed in the Help documentation,
so I will see whether that works.

I am using PCLinuxOS, which does not normally use sudo (another thing I
like about the distro).  Does that make a difference?  Kde somehow sets
this up without any hacking being required.

--

If you're seeking, check out http://www.rci.org.au