How to backup and restore XFCE configuration?

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 06:42:36 CET 2006

On 11/23/06, Bernard Barton <bfb21 at comcast.net> wrote:
> Stefan Stuhr wrote:
> > Try to copy the ~/.cache/sessions/ directory - it contains your saved
> > session.
> >
> > Stefan
> >

> I tried copying the entire ~/.cache and ~/.config directories from my home
> PC to my PC at work, but XFCE seems to be ignoring the settings.  I'm
> concerned not only because I can't transfer my settings to another PC,
> but I would not be able to restore them to the original PC either.
> Any ideas?

Same versions of Xfce? And you didn't overwrite the existing config
while running inside of Xfce, right? That could possibly lead to Xfce
apps overwriting the backup config with their currently running config
before exit the desktop - you did exit the desktop and restart it
after installing the backup config, right?

> -Thanks

Erik

<@kazin> why does php have 'echo' and 'print'?  Do they do different things?
<Bluefoxicy> kazin:  echo prints in a big empty room