Xfce compilation on macosx

Ambrose Li ambrose.li at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 09:51:55 CET 2006

On 19/11/06, Blake Smith <blithe at silenceisdefeat.org> wrote:
> I wish there was a way to run a different window manager in an OS X
> environment. Sometimes the OS X wm is just too much.

It is indeed possible; you just create a .xsession file to override
the default window manager. In my .xsession file I just set up the
PATH and then exec an xterm.

But for some reason, copy and paste often don't work if you use other
wm's, even if you run quartz-wm --only-proxy (which is supposed to
give you copy and paste). So after running other wm's for a couple of
months I gave up and switched back to Apple's.

BTW, xfwm4 specifically worked really strangely with Apple's X. I
cannot explain it, and in any case that was a few months ago already.

--
cheers,
-ambrose