Touchy sessions

John Coppens john at jcoppens.com
Wed Nov 22 01:44:07 CET 2006

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 21:46:43 +0100
Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at xfce.org> wrote:

> Run 'xfce4-panel --save' from a terminal or run dialog.

Hi Jasper.

I finished compiling rc2 yesterday, but couldn't stop the machine till
now (I'm running a datalogging program with a GUI, so I couldn't stop
that).

Anyway, here are my experiences:

1) I have the impression that behavious is somewhat more logical.

  After adding an extra clock to the panel, and hardexiting
  (CtlAltBacksp), the clock disappears when restarting. I suppose that
  is ok, as no session save is done explicitly. None of the other
  plugins was lost.

  Doing a 'xfce4-panel --save' makes the change permanent, and I _can_
  hard-exit without losing the clock or anything.

2) There still is a difference between exiting with a session-save and
   xfce4-panel --save, I think. I have the impression that the exit with
   save _does_ save my running Sylpheed, while the xfce4 command didn't.

Not entirely sure about 2), will try again tomorrow...

John