Touchy sessions

John Coppens john at jcoppens.com
Mon Nov 20 17:39:05 CET 2006

Hello all.

I've been experiencing unpredictable behaviour of the session manager. If
I don't exit the 'nice' way, with the 'quit' dialog, I find it quite
probable that the installed plugins (CPUmin/Vol/screenshot etc) disappear
and have to be reinstalled.

Just a couple of days ago, I installed the CPU activity mon (already
installed: Screenshot, Mount, Vol control, Orage). Today I had to exit
from the WM rapidly, so I used Ctl-Alt-Backspace. When I restarted xfce, I
_only_ had the CPU mon.

Is there some way to 'anchor' these plugins in a more stable way? This
has happened several times already.

version 4.3.99.1 (Xfce 4.4 RC1)

John