I installed xfce4.4 rc2

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Sun Nov 12 18:30:03 CET 2006

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

>> It appears that the system-menu is read only and generated from the
>> appfinder list.  How do I get the appfinder to refresh, it is missing
>> many apps.
>
> The system menu and appfinder have nothing to do with each other.  If
> applications are missing from one or the other, it's likely a bug.  Or
> just it doesn't look in all the places that the other does.

 	This jogged my memory about something I've been wondering for a
bit now (well, all of the Xfce 4.4 previews through rc2).

 	On the extremely rare times I start into KDE it seems there's a
ton of menu entries under "Edutainment" yet under Xfce there's only one.
It's not an issue 'cause I don't use any of these things but it might be
nice if/when I get an Xfce box for my son.  Any idea where I can start
digging to find what the disconnect for this might be?