RSS plugin for Xfce 4 Panel

Stavros Giannouris stavrosg2002 at freemail.gr
Sat Nov 11 08:31:43 CET 2006

Στις Sat, 11 Nov 2006 01:40:08 -0500
Ο/Η JoeHill <joehill at sympatico.ca> έγραψε:

> I'm running RC1, not from MDV but from Charles (my hero). So, from
> what you're saying, I should be able to build this, no?

Note that if you try to build from svn, you'll need at least
xfce4-dev-tools, along with some other depedencies that are not needed
for release tarballs, like gtk-doc, and maybe more.

If exo was packaged with the (optional) python bindings, then you need
subversion, to pull the pyxfce source from  the repository:

svn co http://svn.xfce.org/svn/xfce/pyxfce/trunk pyxfce

This will pull the latest copy of pyxfce source from the xfce server in
the directory pyxfce. The installation should from this point on be as
simple as ./autogen.sh && make && make install
Unless of course you are sort of dependencies of various sorts ;^)

> Just tried to download the package, got a 404, and I don't see it on
> the Goodies page :-(

And yes, the RSS-plugin source seems to be gone anyway, but I happen to
have it around, so here it is:
http://stavrosg.serverhive.com/files/xfce4-rss-plugin-0.0.1.tar.bz2

> Thanks!

Regards,
Stavros Giannouris                          Jabber: stavrosg at jabber.org
PGP Key: http://stavrosg.serverhive.com/files/GnuPG.key
"Hello. I'm a signature virus.
Please copy me to your signature  to help me spread"