xfwm4 focus enhancement request

Xavier Otazu xotazu at cvc.uab.es
Fri Nov 3 17:50:14 CET 2006

	Hello:

	I would like to propose the following enhancement for the focus
policy of xfwm4.

	When going to a new workspace give the focus to the window that
has the focus the last time the user was on this workspace.

	Example: I am working on workspace 1 with two windows, a text
editor and a xdvi window. The mouse is on the text editor, but the
focus is on xdvi. I change to workspace 2. I change again to workspace
1. I propose the focus is on xdvi eventhough the mouse is on text
editor.

	I propose this enhancement because it is more comfortable to
the user to change from a workspace to another (for example using
keyboard shorcuts) and return to the previous workspace with the same
state that it was previously. If it were not this way we were forced to
explicitly change the focus again (using either the keyboard shorcut
or moving the mouse).

cheers

Xavier