icons in menu

Peter N. Spotts pspotts at alum.mit.edu
Fri Nov 3 15:33:02 CET 2006

On Fri, 2006-11-03 at 15:20 +0100, Amir Sabbagh wrote:
> Hi you all,
>
> i'm trying to find how to assign a icon in the desktop menu. Normally
> i use the *.desktop files but i'm not able to edit "Development", wich
> is still without an icon, as you can see here:
>
> http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c278/Almucantarat/?action=view&current=screen.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1
>
> where is its config file?
>
> Thank you
> Amir

Amir,

When you bring up the edit entry dialog box in the menu editor, you'll
see a place where you can specify an icon. For a category like
"Development" you may have to go to /usr/share/pixmaps
or /usr/share/icons and use one that suits your fancy. I preview them
with gqview or some other image viewer, then pick the one I like.

Pete

--
Peter N. Spotts | Science reporter
The Christian Science Monitor