Thoughts on XFCE 4.3.90: root-tail?

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed May 17 14:27:29 CEST 2006

Biju Chacko wrote:

> The best thing to do would be to run vanilla tail in a borderless,
> decorationless Terminal instance.

Except root-tail does nice coloring of the output, and also, I can't see
any way to turn off the scrollbar in Terminal.  (I mean, I can't see any
way on the command-line -- I can see how to turn it off in the Preferences
setting.)  Finally, the Terminal window also responds to the "Raise Window"
keyboard accelerator, which is *not* the desired behavior.

Using Terminal in this way is a hack, IMO.

Regards,

David.