Disappearing Panel

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at corsac.net
Sat May 13 19:59:52 CEST 2006

On Sat, 2006-05-13 at 19:16 +0200, wr35nn89 at free.fr wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have the same problem with xfce 4.2 on a debian testing. When I run
> xfce, the
> panel disappears. And when I run xfce4-panel in my terminal, i have
> the message
> "*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0x08398ec0 ***".
> So, no panel.....

I assume you have xfce4-weather-plugin in your panel ?
See http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=358249

> I'd like to test the version 4.4 but there's no availability for xfwm4
> 4.3.90 in
>  debian unstable yet........ (i have another machine in unstable).

You can try http://pkg-xfce.alioth.debian.org/
Those are the packages (even more recent for some of them) which will
end in debian unstable when libs will exit NEW queue.

Be aware that those packages are for unstable.

Regards,
--
Yves-Alexis Perez