Disappearing Panel

wr35nn89 at free.fr wr35nn89 at free.fr
Sat May 13 19:16:17 CEST 2006

>On 5/1/06, Edward Barrow <edward at copyweb.co.uk> wrote:
>> I have, however, solved the problem by the elementary method of running
>> xfce4-panel from a terminal. Still curious to know where this command is
>> called in the first place, but now that it´s working again, it´s not a
>> top priority to find out!
>
>Also, if you run it from xfrun4, it won't be bound to the terminal.
>You could alternatively run 'xfce4-panel & disown' in your terminal,
>but who wants to remember that? :P
>
>FWIW,
>Andrew

Hi all,
I have the same problem with xfce 4.2 on a debian testing. When I run xfce, the
panel disappears. And when I run xfce4-panel in my terminal, i have the message
"*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0x08398ec0 ***".
So, no panel.....

I'd like to test the version 4.4 but there's no availability for xfwm4 4.3.90 in
 debian unstable yet........ (i have another machine in unstable).

Thanks for any tips.....